Our commitment to keeping the young people we serve safe is always our number one priority. Following the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, it's important that you know the Boys & Girls Club of Vista is doing everything possible to keep your child, our staff and volunteers protected from its spread. We are also closely monitoring reports from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our local health department for all updated information.
As a result of Vista Unified school closures, we will be closed Monday March 16th until further notice. March program payments will be pro-rated and refunded and we will be suspending any future program payments for April until deemed safe to resume.
To protect the community, we feels it's prudent to respond proactively to any potential situations that may affect the health, safety, and well being of Club members, parents, staff and volunteers.
Through a partnership with Vista Unified, we are providing free food for kids up to ages-18 at 11am Monday-Friday. Please maintain social distancing and be safe in our front parking lot as many families walk to our California Avenue location.
As a reminder, we recommend the following preventive actions every family should take to prevent exposure to COVID19.
- Stay at home
- Avoid people that are sick and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.